The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was passed by the United Nations General Assembly on 27 September 2015, bringing with it a unique opportunity to lay the foundations for a global transformation towards more inclusive and sustainable development models on a national and international level.
Eradicating poverty and joining forces to do so are the core of the 2030 Agenda. By engaging every country and every player, we can move forward towards a positive change for people and the planet. The United Nations are looking to the business fabric and foundations to drive inclusive human development locally.
Iberdrola has factored the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into its business strategy and sustainability policy. In line with its activities, efforts are largely focused on the provision of affordable and clean energy (Goal 7) and climate action (Goal 13).
Our activity revolves around specific objectives within at least 11 SDGs.
At Fundación Iberdrola España we focus our activity on specific objectives that fit in at least 11 SDGs [PDF], including:
- Fighting poverty (Goal 1).
- Improving quality of life for people with severe illnesses (Goal 3).
- Providing access to quality education (Goal 4).
- Encouraging gender equality (Goal 5).
- Supporting local development (Goal 8).
- Enabling social inclusion for people with disabilities (Goal 10).
- Protecting cultural heritage (Goal 11).
- Battling against climate change (Goal 13).
- Preserving biodiversity (Goal 15).