Over eight hundred thousand euros allocated for women’s projects
- In the last year, Fundación Iberdrola España has significantly increased the number of projects aimed at this group.
- Through its foundation, Iberdrola supports women to continue their studies, find a job, and overcome situations of vulnerability.
Every year, Fundación Iberdrola España reinforces its commitment to women. During the 2021-2022 period, various initiatives have been developed to support this group, which, for yet another year, continues to be one of the main pillars of the group’s development.
The Cátedra Mujer STEM Sostenibilidad y Movilidad project, in collaboration with the Empresa Municipal de Transporte de Madrid (EMT) and the Universidad Pontifica de Comillas, is committed to promoting the presence of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers, a largely male-dominated sector.
The foundation supports the Empieza por Educar Foundation, which selects young university students to teach for two years in educational centers in disadvantaged environments in pursuit of the academic and skills growth of their students, while they receive training and support to maximize their impact. The foundation finances five scholarships for women in STEM careers so that they can also act as references among the female collective and thus promote the participation of women in the STEM Universe.
Within the initiative of the Regional Ministry of Castilla-La Mancha included in the Youth Employment Program of the European Social Fund, and in collaboration with Save the Children and Ayuda en Acción, the Inspira II Program and the REACTIVA Program were created, aimed at young men and women in vulnerable situations, unemployed and not integrated into the formal education systems, to offer them practical training that will allow them to find a job opportunity or motivate them to return to the educational system through a training program in Green Economy.
In the Social Action area, thanks to its Social Program, this year Fundación Iberdrola España has collaborated with 10 social entities that specifically support women, for which more than 280,000 euros have been allocated. The projects are aimed at contributing to social development and improving the quality of life of women in vulnerable situations.
- Amacmec Association in Valencia: ”Mucho por Vivir”, a psychological, physical, and social care project for women affected by breast cancer.
- Asociación AMPARA in Madrid and Castilla y León: ”Proyecto Malala”, seeks to allow women prisoners to live with their children until they are 3-years old to promote the proper development of the mother-child bond.
- Bizitegi Association in the Basque Country: Project for the temporary housing of homeless women.
- Candelita Association in Madrid: “EnFemeninoPlural”. Training project for the employment and empowerment of impoverished and socially excluded women in masculinized sectors.
- Suspergintza Association in the Basque Country: Digital learning and management project on the road to autonomy, inclusion, and employment.
- Fundación Aldaba – PH in Castilla y León: Program for women victims of gender violence with substance use disorder.
- Fundación Ayuda en Acción in Extremadura: “Breaking barriers”. Employment laboratory towards labor insertion with a gender perspective.
- Fundación Gizakia in the Basque Country: Specific intervention project with women to develop training and employment itineraries.
- Federación Red Acoge in Andalucía, Valencia and Castilla y León: “Red Acoge eMplea”. Project to improve the employability of migrant women.
- San Juan de Dios Parish in Madrid: “Ruth Project”, for the creation of foster homes for single mothers with girls and young women at risk or in a real situation of vulnerability.
Thanks to the collaboration of Fundación Iberdrola España with all these initiatives, more than 2,000 women have benefited and received support, both to receive quality education under equal conditions and to overcome situations of extreme need.