Bizitegui association visit
- Fundación Iberdrola España and the Bizitegui Association collaborate once again on the project of apartments for homeless women
- 32,000 funding from Fundación Iberdrola España will help provide housing and educational support to 18 women
With this project, the Bizitegui Association wants to ensure that women have a decent place to live, covering their basic needs. It also provides them with the necessary support and accompaniment from an educational point of view, so that they can acquire the necessary skills and performance to live autonomously. This process will be promoted through individual, group, and community activities.
The project has 13 places, distributed in 4 apartments and a non-mixed day center. Each woman will have a single room as a private space, as well as common spaces: living room, kitchen, and bathroom. During this year, in addition to obtaining another apartment for these homeless women, a hostel has also been added to the project, due to the increase in the number of applicants in a state of extreme vulnerability.
As for the operation of the apartments, the users have two social educators in the intervention process, who negotiate with them the individualized plan and follow up on it.
- Refurbish the four residential units.
- Hold weekly floor assemblies.
- Maintain coordination with other resources, entities, and services that can be referrals for users.
- To make known the educational and participation spaces that the entity has, or that other entities have, offering them activities according to their interests, needs, and availability.
- Through this partnership, 18 homeless women will get housing and support when they need it most.
Borobiltzen hostel and meeting space in Bilbao
The hostel is a living and meeting space for the women and the educators who work in the association, and it is also a space and an opportunity for integration with the tourists who stay there.