Upacesur Atiende Foundation
- Fundación Iberdrola España and Fundación Upacesur Atiende collaborate in the creation of a project to help people with multiple disabilities
- Thanks to funding of €40,000 from Fundación Iberdrola España, 89 young people will receive personalised assistance
Fundación Iberdrola España and the Upacesur Atiende Foundation have been collaborating since 2013. The project seeks to cover the basic needs of young people aged 6 to 21 years affected by Cerebral Palsy in the various centres of the entity, promoting their functional autonomy through various therapies.
The project aims to work on the capacities of children and young people suffering from cerebral palsy through different interventions by creating individual programmes for families with a preventive, palliative, educational and enabling character. The following guidelines will be followed:
- Initial assessment by means of the studies of medical reports submitted and subsequent examination.
- External counselling for families.
- Treatment of osteoarticular, muscular, neuromotor physiotherapy to promote the functional development of daily life.
- Work related to the control and regulation of thoughts, emotions and actions in the face of conflicts or distractions.
- Affective and social activities. Speech therapy and language development.
Thanks to the collaboration between the two entities, 89 young people affected by Cerebral Palsy will be able to improve their autonomy and quality of life.